Yardley Road Solar Farm will comprise solar panels mounted on racks and arranged in rows. The top of the panels would be around 3m off the ground and would face south, at an angle of up to 30˚
- Supply power directly into the grid, with an export capacity of up to 40MW (megawatts)
- Potential to generate enough electricity (55GWh) to meet the needs of around 15,000* homes.
- Offer a community benefit package that will be shaped by local people
- Offset approximately 22,000** tonnes of CO2 per year.
- Contribute to meeting England’s ambitious ‘net zero by 2045’ targets
*Source: Homes Powered Equivalent calculated using the most recent statistics from the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
**Source: RenewableUK uses BEIS’s “all fossil fuels” emissions statistic of 446 tonnes of carbon dioxide per GWh of electricity supplied.